Monday, May 5, 2008

A blank canvas...

So, we've been in the "new" house for two years now. I haven't decorated out master bedroom. All the furniture and bedding we have came with us, which is fine, I like it, but I am feeling like starting fresh. The room is a blank canvas...literally. The walls are white. Ok, the trim and the doors are some horrible shade of, well, not sure what to call it exactly....maybe coffee with a bunch of cream added? Anyway, that's what I have to work with. The walls can be painted anything and the doors are the old bifold style so they are coming down anyway, so they'll be a lovely crisp white. As for the trimwork, yeah, it's gonna change!

So, what do I do? What colors shall I use? I am far more adventurous than DH. He's fairly boring really (in this sense anyway!). I could go a bit with with black and white toile and add brightly colored sheets in blue and be thrilled. Or a red and white checkered quilt with crisp white linens and billowy curtains. I like cottage style, vintage looks, even chenille. Not crazy about modern styles or bed in a bag theories...

Any ideas? Any color schemes?

5 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

We moved into our house 9 years ago with a 1 month old and 16 month old... The walls were white, and they still are! I would love to paint, but it is such a low priority!

My room: browns & blues (furniture, bedding, accents)...
Son's: Red white and blue
DD: pinks and browns!

Good luck with that!

Anonymous said...

Do you want a go-to-sleep kind of room, or a wake-upsort of room?

SilverHairedHeather

Anonymous said...

Well Heather, both sound great...for different reasons.

How about a pulled together room? LOL

Anonymous said...

Well Heather, both sound great...for different reasons.

How about a pulled together room? LOL

Kerry McKibbins said...

I CANNOT believe you did not mention LIME GREEN!
Isn't that a favorite?????
Well, I would go with the red. Love red.