Monday, November 12, 2007

We're home!!!

Okay, well, we've been home for two days, but I was buried under a mountain of mail, laundry, papers, school stuff, and general clutter of life! Just now emerging! LOL

DS #1 and I got home late Friday night from our stay at the Spinal Cord Rehab. We stopped on our way home to do a bit of shopping! Have to start for Christmas sometime and the shopping opportunities are WAY better in town! We went to dinner at a Chinese Buffet on our way back too...yummy!

So, Saturday I mostly cleaned my way through the day, sorting, washing, purging, uncovering, etc. I sent DS #1 off to a friends house for the afternoon/evening and DH and I found our favorite sitter available so he came and stayed with the younger ones while we went out to dinner and did some more Christmas shopping! We went to a favorite Mexican restaurant and shared fajitas! YUMMY!

Sunday, we lazed around for the early morning, then did some more chores, chatted with friends, and off I went for the afternoon of yet more shopping! Okay, yes, three days in a row of shopping, but you know what? I {hate} shopping around the holidays. People are crazy weird. I know what I want and I can just get it know and be done with it. No craziness, no getting something, anything to give someone. Nope, I choose well and shop early! I just can't stand to be in the stores much after Thanksgiving!

Today, well, we started preparing for our beach trip. Joining a bunch of family for the Thanksgiving week. So, today we decided to deep clean the cars (yes, both of them!) and the laundry room. You know what I found in the laundry room? A box with a few presents intended for LAST year! LOL With the exception of one gift ( afavorite character no longer favored) I can use them all this year! So, in a sense, I went shopping again today-for free!!

So, tomorrow is another day...first day back to work in a month...seriously! I was out for two weeks when DS #2 and I had pneumonia and then I headed up to the Spinal Rehab with DS #1 right after that. So, I haven't been a work in a month. How weird will tomorrow be??? I haven't even wrapped my head around having to prepare for it, much less DO IT!! Yikes...

No comments: