Tuesday, March 11, 2008

S.T.R.E.P.

Yup, strep has hit our home. I have fallen and I can barely get up...no pun. Was having a great day Wednesday, went to meetings, did the mom thing, but then around dinner time I started feeling really bad. Went to bed early, but by 1a.m. was in the htroes of chills and sweats that lasted all night long. Dragged myself to the doctor the next afternoon. Wicked case of strep, wicked. So bad my tonsils were bleeding. So, they gave me some serious antibiotics and something new and fun, liquid lidocaine to numb my throat so I could swallow fluids. I felt like I had been hit by a Mack Truck.

Five days of keeping nothing down but minimal fluids, five days of chills and sweats, five days of rapid weight loss - 17 pounds. So, I am now reintroducing foods. I have discovered that graham crackers, jello, and popsicles stay down. I have no real desire to eat. This is good and bad. Love the weight loss, however, sheesh, too much too quickly! So today was exciting, I ate part of a banana!

I am going to lay back down now...

Stay healthy...

1 comment:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

YIKES!!!!!!
Very very very sorry to hear this! Your poor tonsils! Hope you recover soon..mend well... and sure hope your boys are ok...