Monday, February 9, 2009

Valentines....

So, I am in an anti-commercial Valentine's card mood. Finding the overly commercial cards covered in Hannah Montana, Spiderman, and Indiana Jones simply more than I can bear to shove in my boys hands, I decided we'd create our own this year! We've done this before and enjoyed it. I'm game, the boys are game, and so we go, off to the craft store to grab some supplies.

We start with simple craft paper in a cheery red, then head off to the heart shaped doilies, pausing to look at some heart stickers, passing them by after they are deemed "too girly", we stare at a myriad of stuff...and we stare some more.

Finally we head out of the land of overly cheerful hearts and sparkles crossing the store to the famed Dollar Aisle! There we discover packs of pencils, Silly Putty, and Grow A Pets! Eyes grow big with the wonder of it all! We decide that this year the triplet boys will create a goodie bag together instead of individual Valentines.

Passing on the Silly Putty, we grab an assortment of Grow A Pets (pirates, dinosaurs, princesses, ducks, dogs, and cats), several packs of pencils, and some cellophane treat bags to go with our red cardstock. Twenty three dollars *gasp* later we are home with our loot! Tomorrow we will begin assembling our Valentine's Day delights!

What have I gotten myself into???

Earlier today, I had DS #2 (10yrs old) with me in Target where he selected three small heart shaped boxes of chocolates for the three little girls he is enamored with. I am frankly afraid to ask DS #1 (16 yrs) what he wants/needs for Valentine's Day!!

No comments: