Saturday, January 19, 2008

Spam rocks....seriously!

Not long ago, my friend Kimber, suggested I send some writing samples to a Canadian magazine. She thought my writing would match what they were looking for in writers. So I did. I collected a sampling of material and sent it on it's way. And I waited....and waited....and then, a few days ag I found IT. In my spam folder. IT.

"Hi Cynthia,

Your creative writing samples came across my desk last week. You have a beautiful writing style and we would love some more information.

Of the writing that you sent us, how much of it is published? Have you worked with other designers before and paired your writing with their artwork? Is this something that interests you?

I will thank Kimber for telling you about Scrapbook & Cards Today.

I look forward to hearing from you and to reading more of your great writing."


Eeeeeeeeekkkkkkk, how exciting is that? I'll be pub; in the Summer or possibly Fall issue, pairing with Kimber for art work!

Sometimes SPAM rocks!

1 comment:

Milissa said...

Well what else do you expect from a person who ROCKS!!!!! Congrats girl ... you deserve it. I can't wait to see your stuff.